Behavior that's not allowed:
Sin against any of these rules and you are expelled from the game.
- Using another player's password to send orders without that player's consent.
- Using another player's password to request a copy of that player's turn report without that players consent.
- Trying to crash the server.
- Gaining access to the server and/or reading the game data files.
- Out of character verbal abuse of other players. Remember it is just a game and people are just playing a role.
- Playing more than one nation in a game. It is allowed to do this for a short time to help out an ally that is on vacation. However you should notify the GM before you do this.
Behavior that is considered bad:
There is little a GM can do against this but it won't win you any friends.
- Joining a game and then dropping out after a few turns. Joining a game implies an intention to play the game through to the end. Leaving a game without a good reason is considered very disrespectful. Don't join unless you are willing to commit yourself to an entire game, which may take several months.
- Giving your planets very offensive names.
- Attempting to influence a player's behavior in one game by offering threats or concessions in another game is called cross play. This is strongly discouraged.
- Forming alliances before a game starts.
Behavior that is allowed:
- In-game and in-character everything is allowed. If you can express it as a set of orders it is allowed. In-character, that is in the role of leader of the nation you are playing, everything is allowed. So you can lie and cheat, come back on agreements, or send a mass 500 warship while claiming you are only sending a small cargo ship.
You are also allowed to do this out-of-character, but you will not make many friends that way. If you want to enjoy galaxy for a long time make sure that you clearly identify when you are talking in or out of character.